Tuesday 3 May 2011

Finn's Lunch - Pork balls with sticky rice


This was Finn's school lunch today.  As he has Coeliacs and is really tiny I deliver his lunch to him so he has a nutritious meal.  I know it is a little over the top especially as he is 14 years old.  Anyway some things you just have to do.  Sometimes I make extra and Finn sells them to his mates.  I'd like to do it more often but I am out of disposal plastic containers.  I will have to go buy some soon.



500g pork mince
4 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of grated fresh ginger ( I use my zester plane, it works wonders)
1tsp of Maldon sea salt or 1/2 tsp of table salt
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
Mix till combined
I fry up a little bit to taste to see if need more salt or whatever


Shape into balls and shallow fry for a couple of minutes and rotate for even cooking.
I find it easy to do in the wok.
Serve with sticky white rice and sweet sticky soy sauce
Garnish with spring onions


No comments:

Post a Comment