This is the easiest recipe for sticky rice. Don't be put off that it is cooked in the microwave. It does a really great job. The recipe is based on a recipe that I got out of an Australian Vogue Entertaining magazine well over 10 years ago, just when making your own sushi at home became popular. I also use this for my sushi rice.
- 2 and 1/2 cups of short grain or sushi rice. ( I just use short grain rice ) Wash rice in cold water until it is clear.
- 2 and1/2 cups cold water added to rice in a microwave proof bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and nuke for 15mins. (15 mins seems to be right in every microwave I have used.) Leave covered for 5 mins before taking off plastic wrap.
Seasoning vinegar added to cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of maldon salt
- 5 tablespoons of rice vinegar