Monday 23 May 2011

Boysenberry couli


We were mean't to have Lemon Sponge Pudding for dessert last night, as my husband Chris said he felt like pudding and was going to make it.  I decided that a boysenberry couli  would go very nicely with it.  So I decided that I would make that.  He went off and bought all the ingredients, measured them all out into bowls.  Well that is far as he got.  He made one of his legendary Roast Lamb dinners and well that's all he had in him.


Anyway, this is really simple to make.  Get 1 can of boysenberries in syrup and empty into a pot.


Bring to the boil and add 1/2 cup of icing sugar and then simmer for about 15mins or until reduced and has begun to thicken.


I added a squeeze of lemon since it was supposed to be going with the Lemon Sponge Pudding.


Let it cool and then strain out the seeds through a sieve.  Work with a spoon to get every last bit through.
So now I have this very rich boysenberry couli and nothing to put it on.
I have always wanted to make 'cheats ice-cream'.  I might give that a go tomorrow, the couli will be perfect for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment