Saturday 28 May 2011

Broccoli and blue cheese soup


I made this soup at my daughter's request.  She had it somewhere and thought it was delicious.  So I sort of made it up as I went along.


I used
2 potatoes
2 onions
1 head of broccoli
3 cloves of garlic
2 litres of home made chicken stock
1 wedge of strong blue cheese
          

Start by sautéing the potatoes, onion and garlic together until onions are soft and translucent.


Add the stock and simmer away until the potatoes are tender.


Meanwhile chop up broccoli and steam till soft.  I put straight into an ice bath to try and retain some of the green colour.  There is nothing worse than grey looking soup.
Strain the broccoli and add to the stock mixture along with the blue cheese.
Blitz in the blender or food processor until smooth.  Season with salt and pepper.



No comments:

Post a Comment