For this recipe I used
- 3 large chicken breasts, chopped and lightly salted
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic or about 3 tablespoons finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 green chiles or more it you want really hot
- 2-3 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander root and stems
- 2 courgettes diced
- 4 small coloured capsicums or 2 large
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of jaggery, palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
Then add the diced courgettes and capsicums and some salt and cook for about 10 mins, they should become very soft.
Next add the coconut cream, fish sauce, kaffir lime and sugar and simmer until you get a nice consistency of sauce. Taste for balance of flavours and add more fish sauce or sugar if you need to.
Next, add the chopped raw chicken and let it cook in the heat of the sauce on a gentle simmer. Stir it around until just cooked. The chicken can remain tender if you watch it.
Lastly add the lime juice and zest and some chopped coriander leaves.
Taste and tweak again and then serve on some plain boiled long grain rice.