Sunday 31 July 2011

prawn linguine


Pasta is not really loved in our house hold, the exception Jacob and myself,  so I have to make it for myself at lunch time if I want to eat it.


For this recipe you will need

  • 1 packet of linguine (my favourite type of dried pasta)
  • 1 packet of raw prawns
  • zest and juice of 3 lemons
  • 10 garlic cloves finely chopped - yes 10
  • 2 handfuls of basil - or more
  • 100g of butter
  • generous amounts of olive oil
  • salt and pepper

Boil the water in a large pot for the pasta and cook until al dente - keep some of the cooking water to stop the pasta from sticking together while you are cooking the prawns
Prepare all the ingredients so you are ready to go
Gently fry the garlic in the butter and olive oil, do not let it burn
Add the prawns and fry until cooked through and coated nicely in the garlic and butter
Pour prawns over the cooked pasta and add the remaining ingredients and mix  well and transfer to a serving bowl.
I cannot stress enough - do not scrimp on the flavorings or it will be well boring and tasteless.
More is more in this case.




1 comment:

  1. made this as had all the ingredients in the house - thats what I like about your recipes!
    Great quick and easy! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete