Wednesday 6 July 2011

Lamb meatballs with couscous


I think I have made meatballs with just about everything except lamb so here is my lamb meat ball recipe

This is a recipe to feed my family of 5

  • 1 kilo of lamb mince
  • 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • zest of 2 lemons
  • 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
  • big handful of chopped green herbs, all or either mint, coriander, parsley
  • black pepper
  • plenty of maldon sea salt, 1-2 teaspoons


I toasted whole seeds and ground the spices in the mortar and pestle for my spice mix.


Combine all the ingredients thoroughly and then roll into balls.
I always cook a small piece off to taste for seasoning and that it tastes good for you.  Add what ever you think it needs more of.


I cooked the meat balls in minimal oil as the lamb renders its fat as it cooks, perfect for basting as it goes, so cook gently on low to medium heat.  You want nice even colour on all surfaces.  It will take about 10 to 15 mins.


Once the meatballs are ready,  assemble,  firstly with couscous,  then the meatballs,  topping off with the yogurt sauce and the sweet tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment