This couscous recipe was intended for the lamb meatballs, but you could use it with any sort of meat.
I made far too much of this so have stacks leftover in the fridge. I made 3 cups.
You will need the following
- 1 cup of uncooked couscous cooked with chicken stock (follow packet instructions)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of finely chopped currants
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- glug of olive oil
- some garlic if you want to, (I forgot )
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- black pepper
- As much green herbs as you want. I used a combination of parsley and coriander. Mint would be perfect as well but I didn't have any left.
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
Add some olive oil to a fry pan and saute the onions until translucent then add the currants and spices, mix so all coated in the olive oil. Then add the onion mixture to the couscous along with the lemon zest and juice, herbs and salt and pepper. And there you have it.