Sunday 3 June 2012

the beast of cookware


This incredible beast of french cookware is all mine and I can't believe the good fortune as to why it is in my possession.  I have wanted a dutch oven for many many years and a big one at that.  I have borrowed one from time to time.  This beauty is a massive 12 litre capacity 'La Cocette Staub' the absolute creme de la creme of dutch ovens and cast iron cook ware.  You literally could put a new born baby in it with the lid on.


So I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this beauty at the 'Hospice shop' in Glen Innes.  It cost me a mere $149, probably a lot for a hospice purchase but when they retail for over $800 bucks, it was an absolute steal.  This pot hasn't even been used.
I love cast iron and cook almost exclusively with it, this will be a welcome addition to my collection.
I will have to plan a dinner party for next weekend.
I'm thinking something traditionally French.  Coq au vin sounds good.  I will keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment