Tuesday 19 June 2012

australian green prawns


These are probably the best prawns I have had in NZ, no bull.  These are Australian green prawns and they are so sweet and succulent.  I usually buy the Aussie banana prawns as they are good value for money.  These green ones surpass them by miles.


I bought them unbelievably from 'Countdown'.  I try to avoid 'Countdown' at all costs, but I do go there from time to time as it is very handy.  These prawns were on special for $19.99 a kilo.  I got a dozen for $6.  I sent Chris back on Sunday to get some more but they were all gone as their specials go from Sunday to Sunday.  Very disappointing.  I will be on the lookout in the future. If you see them get them.  I made a pizza with them and I couldn't stop going on about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment