Tuesday 24 January 2012

prawn pork dumplings with chicken broth


These were simple and fun to make, though I have adapted my original recipe because they were a little porky



 For this recipe you will need

  • round dumpling wrappers
  • 300g of pork mince
  • 300g of finely chopped or whizzed raw prawns
  • 3 finely chopped spring onions
  • 1 large tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
  • maldon salt to taste
  • 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
  • some chopped water chestnuts would be nice too ( I didn't have any)
Combine all the ingredients together




Place a teaspoon of the filling in the middle of the wrapper and wet one half of the edge, (there should be enough cornflour on the wrapper to act like glue).  Fold over so the edges join, press and make sure you have all the air out.
With the sealed edge up, bend it slightly forward and bring the left and right ends downwards and together and stick together with some water.  Have a look at the picture I,m not sure if I am explaining it right.
I served them with some chicken broth  that has been infused with ginger slices and spring onions.


No comments:

Post a Comment