We had this salad on Friday night which was originally made with green prawns. I made it again on Saturday using the leftover greens, but used BBQ chicken thighs instead, which also works really well with the mango and the lime and sesame dressing.
For the salad I used
- salad greens of rocket and thinly sliced iceberg and endive
- bean sprouts minus their heads
- julienned sliced mango - Mexican ones are fairly affordable at the moment
- spring onions
- avocado sliced
- toasted sesame seeds and chopped peanuts
- BBq chicken thighs thinly sliced
For the lime and sesame dressing I used
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons of palm sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tsp of finely grated ginger
- smidge of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
The quantities for the salad is up to you and the measurements for the dressing are as close to a guess as I can remember as I don't measure, but taste it until it's balanced and right for you.
Dress the greens with some of the dressing and gently toss before adding the mango and avocado, so you don't make it mushy, finish off with the chicken and the nuts add some more dressing and give it a final gentle toss with your fingers.